Friday, September 18, 2009

Time Time Time...


Greetings... Well, again...it has been awhile.


Starting tonight.. this blog will also be my "Travel Log Blog" for those of you who wants to follow along with the bouncing ball...

Make sure your seats and tray tables are in the UPright position (ummm... yup).. Seat belts securely fastened; Exit signs are plainly marked.


First, some back ground. About 2 years ago, I took off on a travel adventure to the Great West. It was an amazing adventure. So much so, I decided that visa vi The Bucket List... to make travel a component of my life. I was scared shitless, to be honest. What little travel I have done (to Chicago, for example) was for the most part with someone... and travel alone seemed...well, lonely, desolate, sad. In a way, travel by myself made me feel even more alone or blue than I had before.

The trip West changed all that. Of course, it was wonderful that I met up with some of my bestest friends here and there along the way...which really helped. But...I've said it before...there was a WOW around every corner.

Even though I was alone, I didn't feel alone. I felt...adventurous and free. I hope to feel that as well this time. Honestly, I'm again scared shitless...

But, there's a part of me that wants to take on the Big Apple myself. And I want to know that somewhere out there might be a better life. And if there is, perhaps growing older isn't so bad after all.

I hope you enjoy this blog. Please forgive any mature stuff....but this is the un-adulterated Dale. I suggest you turn your head. This might hurt alittle....


"While we waste time on locals, comin' through the door...

Big Apple dreamin' on a wooden floor...

New York we're coming to see what you're made of,

are you as tough as you sound?"

(Alice Cooper)

No comments: