Friday, June 20, 2008

49 (Part II)


Where was I? Oh, yeah.. short term memory loss…. What? Huh? Okay..
Well, most of the day I spent lounging around… then I went to (of all places) the Dells…and had an Apple Martini and a “Zeppelin Wrap” at the High Rock Café… I highly, absolutely recommend the place.. great food.. if not a little pricy. Went around the corner and “found” (thanks to a guy I cannot mention by name) an “authentic Cuban Cigar” (They are illegal in this country by the way.. ) and smoked a good 26 dollar cigar!
I don’t smoke.. but it felt pretty good BREAKIN the LAW just a little bit.. LOL. (I told a friend that it was either..buy a guitar; get a tattoo; “rent” a hooker or smoke a cigar… now you know how cheap I really am…LOL)
After that I made my way to a little place and had just one “Grey Goose Martini” I highly recommend it… again, just a little bit of money.. but well worth the price. (Grey Goose is a wonderful variety of Vodka…top shelf and pretty hard to find). I realized it was getting late in the afternoon.. so’s I had to split and head out to band practice.
Band practice was pretty productive.. I talked alittle about the Midlife gig (more about that later) during the last weekend. Kevin talked a little about his gig in Briggsville… and we worked diligently on the show for next weekend. Even worked on a couple of the newer songs… “Man in the box” (Wow….how would I know I would really LOVE this song?)… and “Renegade” by Styx. YES…FRIGGIN’ STYX.. now, how damn cool is that? There might be something more to this band, than the “chick” songs from Poison after all..
Well, I made it back home.. and watched a good movie (The Devil Wears Prada) which I KNEW I would love..and I did! Though it’s a chick flick.. it really works.. and then… that was it.. to bed and soon back to werk, Flintstone!!!!
I know 49 is just a number. I don’t feel it…but I seem to look it. I have resigned myself that I MUST get in shape.. from now on.. I’m cutting my diet down to NOTHING..and exercising like a banshee… How is anyone gonna love me like this? (Oh, I also shaved the ‘stash… going for the 3 day ain’t shavin’ look now… I still don’t recognize myself in the mirror yet…LOL)

No comments: