Sunday, November 13, 2011

slow cooker Apple Bread Pudding

Okay...
Off the beaten path. But, as I was rather sick on Thursday and Friday of this week... I did get a chance (after sleeping some 22 hours to kill off my awful cold) to watch daytime TV. Most of it (still) is worthless.. even less than the prime time viewing. Most of it is all "Judge Judy" types or Maury Povich-type wanna be's. Sad, mostly.

But, I did catch what used to be a staple for me when I was a little kid... channel 3's news at noon. When I was just a kid during the summer... I would wake up around 10am. wank around for an 1/2 hour or so.. then catch Match Game... The dating game....and the Newlywed game (With host, hair-sprayed Bob Eubanks) The news at noon was the last thing I watched before mounting my faithful 5-speed bike to ride to the Reedsburg swimming pool; which from June first to the first day of school, opened at 1pm sharp.

Well, about the only thing that survived the years was the channel 3 news at noon. And it was nice (in my misery on the couch) to catch the familiar program. One of the segments is a recipe from "Mr. Food"...who by now has to be reaching geriatric status, I would think.

And after checking out one of his latest "best of" recipes... I decided to check out the online version.. and see if I couldn't manage to produce it. Wow...  I've got to say that it was a very aroma-ish and tasty success!

Here's a picture of my finished project (ala mode)...  and a link to give it a try yourself. It's easy... pretty cheap... and well... a little like apple heaven. LOL.

http://www.mrfood.com/Slow-Cooker-Recipes/Slow-Cooker-Apple-Bread-Pudding

No comments: