Sunday, February 5, 2017

Nope. 

I’m sorry.  You’ve got it all wrong.  I do not have to respect the 45th President, nor am I required to watch the inauguration.  Nor is it requisite for me for the “good of the country” to capitulate ethical standards which I believe in my heart to be true.  The greatest thing about this nation, is I do not have to respect the flag, nor stand for the national anthem.  I do not have to respect authority when it is wrong or even hold reverence to our veterans. 

I do those things only because I desire to, only because I believe those things to be true.  I respect veterans because my father fought in WWII, and I am in awe of people that are willing to put themselves in harm’s way to protect the rest of us.  I respect the police, because I have worked with these good men who really do protect and serve.  I love the flag for the freedom it represents. I stand for the national anthem, because I love the song.

Not because you say I must. 


So go ahead, build those walls.  I will be one of those that will help tear it down.  Make a law against burning the flag.  Sadly, I be one of the first ones to do so.  Try and mass-deport those “undesirables,” I will be standing in your way.  


No comments: